I like blogs. I like what blogs have done to people. Made them write, think, show off, make friends and - write more. It's a good thing. I didn't ever imagine I'd come across so many brilliant writers as I have on blogs. And they seem to write exactly the way I'd want to.
So, I'm jealous. And finally brave enough to attempt it myself.
It's more like a test though. Or a disciplinary exercise. Am I really going to be able to keep this thing going? Most of the stern and brave resolutions I've ever made (or any that required any regular effort) have vanished over the moon. I'm curious to see what will happen to this one.
But then, I've always wanted to write. And always known that it requires discipline. And always known the levels of discipline or self-control are negligible in my case. And always felt that I must start doing something about it.
But just examining what blogs have really done to people is a rather interesting thought. They get hooked; and obsessed. Especially about those comment things. Yea, those comments are at times the most amusing and annoying things about blogs...but I'll admit, am always curious enough to read them.
So yea, blogs convert people. And change lives. And save lives. And do all those things that things, ideas, habits, people do when they're given a tad bit more attention.
Meanwhile, I'll just press the button, and publish and join the world of self-proclaimed authors.
1 comment:
I'm waiting for you to post more.
Post a Comment