Sunday, October 17, 2010

More Potter Mania

I've loved Harry Potter for 11 years. Can you beat that? Has it really been 11 years since the magic of JK Rowlings world took my world to a whole new level? The best part is that its not been a phase... not like The Famous Five books (which are still awesome) but dont hold me in the same grip as they did when I was 10. Not like how the Backstreet Boys were awesome when I was 13.


It's been along-lasting and deeply fulfilling love affair. From hours of entertainment, a place to escape to when I'm low, to chirpy conversations with strangers, Potter has been a great best friend.


And Potter stuff is epic. A children's fantasy series has never before gripped the adult audience like this. I love that I can buy a Potter wand, or Gringott coins, or a golden snitch. I love that Emma Watson will always be Hermione. I love that JK Rowling says that someday she might want to go back to Harry's world and write another story. 

But in the meantime, I'll wait with bated breath for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows to hit the screen. And maybe get a Potter tattoo to celebrate the longtime love.



No comments: