Friday, January 08, 2010

A situation where the book you are reading turns out to be...

Just begun a book that had attracted me about two and a half years ago maybe.
Haruki Murakami's South of the border, West of the sun.
Have wanted to read it forever. Browsed and read a few pages many times, but somehow didn't buy it until recently, and begun reading it today.

And 5 chapters into the book and I'm gone. Swept away and lost, demolished, devastated, enchanted, terrified.

I don't think I could have read the book the same way 2 years ago. The events since then, have changed so much in my life and the book seems to bear uncanny resemblance to some of those events.

Coincidence, timing, some closure to a circle, blah blah.

O Murakami. But ya, fairly likely that I'm just going nuts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its the Tao of Reading.

I, too, totally believe in the timing of it all. :)

And, Murakami, is art.