When he was near, he said to the man from India, "The winds told us of your coming brother," and he bowed respectfully.
____
"I was not used to hearing such glowing accounts of lasting benefits. He claimed that only after meeting Sadhguru and learning the practices that Sadhguru had taught him that he underwent a significant life transformation. I wondered if it was possible that this young man had actually found an authentic, living guru. Something seemed to be working. He definitely had an unusually pleasant and peaceful demeanor.
But my skeptical side would not be so easily persuaded. To begin with, there was way too much reverence in his description of Sadhguru to suit me, and this left me cold. There's nothing like an over abundance of devotion to rankle me. On top of that he said that Sadhguru had an organizationof more than ten thousand volunteers worldwide, which made me uncomfortable just hearing about it. I even wondered if this had the flavour of a cult."
- excerpts from Midnights with the Mystic.
1 comment:
hey...i read this pretty old blog entry of yours about the hyderabad film club you said in the comments that you'd get a phone number but i dint see any. are you still a member. I'd love to be a member. If it aint too much trouble could you give more info please.
Post a Comment