When my husband casually mentioned to me, a couple of months ago, that he pees in the shower, I was shocked. Aghast. His argument was -- its sterile, and that he'd been doing it all his life. I don't remember WHY or HOW that conversation sort of slipped out of my mind for a few more months, until today.
We are moving to Seattle in a couple of weeks, and are currently in the city, house-hunting. So this morning I decided to exercise my wifely powers, and impose a DO NOT URINATE rule in the new shower/bathtub. And what followed were these arguments.
1) Even if I tried, I couldn't stop. It's like being in a swimming pool. You have to pee.
2) I always pee in the shower. And it's sterile.
3) Everyone pees in the shower!
When he made that last declaration. I uttered a soundless grunt of scorn, and decided to consult Google to make my investigations on that impossible proclamation. After all, I have never known anyone who pees in the shower. (Well, I guess I can't say that because I haven't asked everyone I know if they pee in the shower, but it has never occurred to me or come up in conversation.) It's going to.
Anyway, so to proceed with my Google findings, I have to say, I was defeated. The various links I clicked through to, ALL concluded that most men admit freely to peeing in showers. Here's the crux of my investigations.
1) It's a primal instinct. I wont elaborate (because I can't) but they can't help the urge. Nor would they want to.
2) "One of the most liberating things a man can do is pee in nature, the only thing that can come close is peeing in the shower."
3) "You're taking a shower! Of course you're rinsing the tub out! There's water running constantly, with soap!!"
3) I came across a blog post that says a Brazilian environmental group actually encourages people to pee in the shower because it helps conserve water that would otherwise be used in the flush.
While I'm definitely not converted to the cause, I will have to refute my ban, turn a blind eye, and pretend I don't care. Husbands are stubborn creatures. And what I can say to the saving water bit anyway?
PS: Here's a link to a rather entertaining investigation a woman conducted and another link to the blog post about the Brazilian message with a video!
1 comment:
Don't fight nature. Boys will ALWAYS pee in the shower!
Post a Comment