I had an 'a-ha' moment recently (although it should have honestly happened years ago, and in fact was a bit of regular feedback from my manager at work), that I truly, really, easily get distracted from what my focus should be on. And while right now I'm still sitting at home, without a job, one would say I don't really have a lot to focus on; not ferociously, anyway.
But there I was, trying to get a bunch of documents together to have my new name and address updated on my passport, and I go out to the living room to find a pen. And I sit down watch TV for two hours. That's when the a-ha moment happened. There was proof all around me.
Dishes washed yesterday, but still in the dishwasher.
Laundry done on the weekend, but still in the dryer.
Documents nearly ready for weeks, just need a signature.
And really, it's ridiculous. I have all the time in the world, but I don't get anything done. So I've decided to obsess.
And obsessing over something when you need to, is good. I'm sure you'll agree. And it's not like I haven't obsessed before. With a whole bunch of things ranging from Harry Potter of course, to my Film Club in college, and my friends' band when I was their self-proclaimed manager, and India Daily Photo when it was still flourishing :(. But it's been a while now.
What have I been obsessed with recently since I came to the US? Very lame stuff I must confess. A lot of TV. Real Housewives of Orange County? Yes. NOOO! But yes. My puppies. And a lot of facebook.
So here's my pledge. To obsess over my photography. Because I really want to. Like really, really. Am not fully sure why. But am going to give it my best shot. After all, life has turned out to be straight out of a dramatic movie, and so I should be able to make it happen, right?
Wish me luck.
But there I was, trying to get a bunch of documents together to have my new name and address updated on my passport, and I go out to the living room to find a pen. And I sit down watch TV for two hours. That's when the a-ha moment happened. There was proof all around me.
Dishes washed yesterday, but still in the dishwasher.
Laundry done on the weekend, but still in the dryer.
Documents nearly ready for weeks, just need a signature.
And really, it's ridiculous. I have all the time in the world, but I don't get anything done. So I've decided to obsess.
And obsessing over something when you need to, is good. I'm sure you'll agree. And it's not like I haven't obsessed before. With a whole bunch of things ranging from Harry Potter of course, to my Film Club in college, and my friends' band when I was their self-proclaimed manager, and India Daily Photo when it was still flourishing :(. But it's been a while now.
What have I been obsessed with recently since I came to the US? Very lame stuff I must confess. A lot of TV. Real Housewives of Orange County? Yes. NOOO! But yes. My puppies. And a lot of facebook.
So here's my pledge. To obsess over my photography. Because I really want to. Like really, really. Am not fully sure why. But am going to give it my best shot. After all, life has turned out to be straight out of a dramatic movie, and so I should be able to make it happen, right?
Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Good luck, my obsessed one :) Show us your photography.
The other day, I just stumbled upon a stack of fantastic great old photojournalism magazine in a used bookstore in Dublin, called Reportage. Bought one issue I liked most. Turns out it is the second issue of this short lived, but great publication:
http://www.reportage.org/ServicePages/printedition.html#AnchorO
search for "Issue 2 / Autumn 1993" on page.
good luck! :)
oye lucky, lucky oye!!
Post a Comment