Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Daddy's Girl

That's me. I'm my daddy's girl.

He's the best in the world. I look like him, I think. He looks like Yanni, I think.

Of course, I've not been the best daddy's girl. In fact, at times, over time, I've annoyed him so much, that he'd close his eyes and breathe deeply to calm his head every time I was around. We've rather different ideas.

He's been supportive, maybe not encouraging, but that's because of my alarming ideas and ambitions. But, when I look back from where I'm now, it's been a worthwhile journey. I've broken his rules and begged him to accept mine. And now we respect each other's.

He lent me a lot of money, recently, to buy my fancy new camera. I have to pay him back, and I will, 'if it's the last thing I do.' He's glad am working for Google. He wants me to do an MBA. I want to be broke and make pictures. We'll find a truce in time.

Now, I miss him. I know he misses his girls too. I see his face brighten up whenever we visit home. He laughs at my jokes in accepted amusement, at least he's not alarmed anymore. He's taught me a lot, but I also think he's changed and grown as he brought us up.

I just hope I never let him down.

1 comment:

Inn_dew said...

Talk abt dad's being of the same genre and a different generation...

The MBA's on my dad's wishlist too!
Like u said hope we'll make it thru