Monday, February 05, 2007

What am doing, where I've been and why my life sucks.


Geez, I am so ashamed. This was supposed to be my disciplinary exercise. Pathetic behaviour.

Well, to catch up, I've been upto loads of things. Travelling. Being alone. Buying a super-expensive camera and already dreaming about what I need next. And being lazy.

About the travel and photography, will put up pics. I've been going down to Mumbai very regularly. Am used to sleeping on an upright bus seat and skipping dinner. And waking up to see the sun rising and then counting kilometers to home. (Both ways - Hyd and Bombay). It's nice to think of Hyderabad as home. It is, of course. My first own home. And, I have been living alone. Ever since one roommate left for home on account of an illness and the other left for her boyfriend's home on account of love, I've been living alone. And, I've liked it.

Of course, it's been lonely and has often resulted in me missing dinners (and weekend meals too) but i've liked having my space and mostly, I've learned a lot about how to manage a home. I could do everything by myself now. Nothing to it, I say. I've imagined it to be a 'training' phase. Like for something in the future, and I'll be grateful for the experience.

Anyhow, that's all nonsense. So, the travelling.

Not too much, but Pondicheri, Hampi and a little fort called Bhongir. Pondicheri is fantastic. Especially the drive to there from Madras - The East Coast Road. Have to go there again. Hampi is awesome... Fantastic place to visit, shop, eat and take photos at. Nice weather, incredible landscape and very exotic clothes to shop for. The trip was super successful, and very exciting because we missed the train and chased it for 30 km. And missed it again. It was so much fun, it deserves an entire new post and the consequent musings.

That leaves Bhongir. Sweet little fort not far from here. We took a secret route (said the cab driver, coz we had no idea) to avoid the RTO cops who would have objected to the number of us cramped up and crumpled in the car. We sang songs and tried to drown out the noisy protests of the driver. So Bhongir was a nice climb to the top. Caught the sunset and lazed at the top. Imagined what it must have been like some 300 years ago and if any crocodiles had lived in the moat. I took loads of photos and pretended to be a professional travel journalist. Didn't pull it off too well. Photos here.

No comments: