Very pleased with self. The Bow seemed strong and long, and the arrow firm, but not with a pointed tip. Blunt, hard tip. Not bad. Went to college next day with bow and arrow. Classmates very amused. As yet, hadn't had a chance to try and use the B&A.
Nasty boys wanted to try first. Made huge noise in the foyer and tried the bow and arrow in The Woods. All very impressed. Quite powerful shots. Went to class. Boys still playing with bow. Interesting scene:
Boy 1: I bet I can catch the arrow in mid-air. I'm very quick.
Boy 2: Bet you can't.
Boy 1 challenges Boy 2. Experiment progresses. Boy 1 stands at a distance from Boy 2 and Boy 2 gets ready to aim the arrow close to Boy 1. Everyone watches.
Boy 2 shoots.
Arrow whizzes sweetly past Boy 1 and lodges itself firmly in the blackboard. Everyone laughs.
End of experiment.

(Boy 2 and Boy 1 with Hole In The Blackboard)
Day 3. College Principal calls me to his office. Two teachers gravely look on. I wonder how they know. Principal asks me if I own a bow and arrow. I admit the proprietorship. I am asked to purchase a new black board. I'm horrified, aghast.
I protest: But, but the black board can still be used! There's only such a small hole. You can write all around it!
Teachers smile. And does Principal. Just don't bring it to class again, they say.
Certainly! I say.
Went to college this January. Went to class. Little hole is still there of course. Stuffed with chalk. Happy, happy memories.
2 comments:
Wicked!! Lovely read... Ummm... Why exactly have you always wanted to be Robin Hood?
Identity crisis.. that's why.
Post a Comment