But here at Google, we see a video every week. A video of what happened at Googleplex, in Mountain View. Larry and Sergey make announcements, discuss things and take the floor for questions from anyone. About anything.Which company's presidents or founders will allow any employee to ask questions about why they did what whey did, or why they're wearing what they are? It's brilliant fun. They're known for being crazy and uncoventional, and they take that very seriously. We saw a video when our Quaterly objectives were discussed, and the Executives of teams that didn't manage to hit good scores of performance were dunked in a dunk tank. It was hilarious.
Google's ideas and ambitions are strong, overwhelming but pure. That's why its so exciting when we think of the future and read about 'what's coming up soon.' The nicest thing is that anyone with an interesting enough idea, will get support, finance and a chance to make a brainwave into reality.
I know I'll probably quit this job in a few months. Every time I decide that I'm sure I wanna do it, all I have to do is attend a Googly meeting, and I fall in love all over again. It would be heartbreaking to leave and not be a Googler. But then, when they hire us they say that they look for Googly people. Which means I was Googly before I got here too, and will always be. Nice thought, but not consolation enough.
3 comments:
Not that its any of my business... But i thought google ppl were bright... Whats up with that black... Wanna get dunked in a dunk tank?? ;)
Sure, dunk tanks are fun, and considering how hot it is, i wouldnt mind a dip. And I was bored of the white.
Ah... but you canged it didn't you... keep me updated on this tank... Sounds like it has great potential... :D
Post a Comment