Aargh. I believe in magic ok... romantic magic, etc. etc.
Right now, I'm at the point of making a crucial decision in my life. And I've nearly made it. At this point, enter Mom, and hocus pocus aunt, who consults a pendulum and 'sees my future.'
Here is what the pendulum says to mother, and hocus pocus aunt:
"Afrin must work at Google for another 5 years. She will never be a film maker. Ding dong."
Aarrrrgh. So annoying, depressing, and disgusting.
Here is a friend's advice to me, after hearing the pendulum tale :
"Tell you mum that you believe in the pendulum theory, and you've had 3 glasses of scotch, and your head is swinging like a pendulum, and it tells you to go back to Bombay."
Here is what my orkut fortune cookie tells me (I don't ever look at it usually, and this morning my eye went straight to this) -
"You are soon going to change your present line of work."
Woohoo... All hail the orkut fortune cookie.
PS: The last time I posted about the Orkut fortune cookie, when it claimed that I was going to go shopping, well, it came true. I go shopping all the time ya.
6 comments:
It lies!!! ;)
Today's fortune: In god we trust, everyone else must pay cash. What the...?!?!?!
You know the deal with the Orkut fortune cookie thing right?
You always have to add .... 'in the bed' at the end of the actual fortune. It always works. check it out. :)
Hehe, thanks a lot.. :)
Hi Varda,
I don't know you. I have never met you. I just go through the internet to read good blogs. Let me tell you something I've been meaning to.
I read a quote by Alfred Lord Whitehead - Great dreamers' dreams are never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
And If you ask me - Great dreamers are the ones who go all their way to make big dreams possible. They are never skeptical about their thoughts, they know what they want. They are eager to expand their knowledge, they accumulate wisdom of many lifetimes and they are happily willing to share it with the world. And that dream is surpassed someday. One of those dreamers is Varda. Your blog says it all. Don't listen to this world, Varda. Go make films! Go girl go!!
Hi anonymous,
Loved the Whitehead quote (I really like his name), and boy, I know I'm a dreamer, and sometimes I really wonder if I live in a fantasy world thats so unreal that its a disillusion and that someday I'll wake up and find that I've messed my life up.
But I cant help it. There's no other way for me to exist.
And thanks for the encouragement, God knows I'll need loads of it going soon! Hopefully I'll have interesting new to post soon...
Thanks for reading...
Post a Comment