I love Bombay.
I love beer.
Now, the question is, which do I love more?
I think, wherever in the world I am, I will always love beer.
And I think, wherever in the world I am, and drinking beer, I will always think of Bombay and everyone there who's been my drinking buddy.
I love beer, and Bombay.
Tonight, after more than a week of intense, super-focused work, Zareer asked me if I would join him for a beer. My splitting headache, (that a beer can always miraculously cure) was reason enough for me to say, 'Yes! Let's go!'
We went to Ten Downing Street (also the first pub I ever visited in Hyderabad) and ordered our pitcher... Our plan had been to have one beer, and leave.. after all, it was the middle of the week.
We soon got on our way to a hilarious, but much needed session of boss bitching. Wow, it felt good. Of course, the pitcher soon gave way to more... and Blackjack's music had us screaming loudly to the songs he played - Tuesdsay night, a classic DJ Blackjack takes over and hits us with the best rock music there is.
Blackjack, during the course of this evening, played superb stuff, and had us screaming our guts out to the music... he also compiles a cd each week, based on a theme, or artist and gives them off to his Tuesday night guests at Ten Downing Street. Nice... I got myself a Jim Morrison Cd, and a Blackjack 200th Session CD.. and some chocolate. He's a cool dude... bald, pot-bellied, and with a nice voice. Goan, am sure.
Anyway, that's when we decided that we need a bunch of chaps to join us henceforth...

We've decided to start a Tuesday Blackjack Night Club.
By invitation only - we would invite a couple of new chaps each week to join us, and have a blast.
Sounds fun... and God, if these are my last few months remaining in Hyderabad, I wanna make the best of it.
What's the point of life if you don't go drunk to work at least once a week... especially when you're 22 years old?
3 comments:
Wicked!! Beer!!
Beer, the cause of and solution to all of the world’s problems - Homer Simpson.
Aye aye, captain.
Post a Comment