I'm being tested continually. Nonstop. Here's a list of the goals I've made for myself:
1. To meditate and pray daily.
2. Eat, sleep well and have some sort of physical exercise.
3. While at work, focus on work - and be really productive.
4. Be aware of and control all unhealthy desires / urges.
5. Consciously be aware and control instances of anger, selfishness, ego, greed, dishonesty.
Sound simple enough right? Wrong.
Progress so far:
1. Meditation and prayers - I wake up earlier that before, and I manage to get about 10 minutes to sit and pray. Still very difficult to have a clear mind, without a hundred thoughts being in at the same time. Seems like I will have to spend longer, because I don't seem to be making progress with the calming of the mind part.
I also need to meditate before sleeping - but am exhausted everyday, and I just say my prayers and lie down and try to clear my mind.
2. Eat well, sleep well - I've never been a foodie, and don't really care about food. But making an effort to eat healthy and eat at the right time. Been ok sometimes, when I'm busy and occupied, but when I'm worried and unhappy, it's still hard to eat.
Am sleeping early and almost look forward to that time when I don't have to think.
Haven't been able to gym yet - have been a bit weak, and work has been rough.
3. Focus on work - It's a relief to be superbusy. But is exhausting.
4. Unhealthy urges - I haven't felt like drinking at all. My idle mind though, is terrifically depressing and its a constant battle to stay positive.
5. Anger, ego, selfishness, etc: Doing fine with these. It's nice to make an effort to be nice to everyone (including rickshaw drivers).
Dishonesty - It's the bitterest wound. But the disability is removed.
Other noticed changes: This happened without planning - but I've lost my tongue for bad language. It's nice. Cursing is slowly vanishing. Still slips in at times, but it seems offensive suddenly.
I hope there's more progress next week.
3 comments:
These are all good steps but I think you shouldn't overwhelm yourself.
Take one step at a time. You could probably start by doing away with (what you consider) your most destructive habits and then adding positives on top, one after the other.
And keep praying to God for guidance at every step of the way.
All the best!
Unhealthy desires and urges huh...
*snicker*
Way to go girl!
I can't wait to to see the new reformed Sonia!
: )
Post a Comment