Samayama: A confluence of the states of dharana, dhyana and samadhi. Referring to the eight day meditation camp offered by Sadhguru where one is tranported to explosive states of meditativeness. Held at Isha Yoga Center, this program is a possibility for those who are willing to shed lifetimes of karma and experience deep states of meditativeness, Samayama and samadhi.
Have been thinking about this for a few months now, and today is the pre-samayama meet, where we will be instructed about the preparation we need to follow for the next 40-50 days before Samayama. Will include diet, and practices.
One of the prerequisites of attending the Samayama program is that one should have completed the basic Isha yoga course, initiated into the Shambhavi maha mudra, and attended Bhavan Spandana program, been initiated into Shoonya meditation, and also attended the Hata Yoga program.
Today, I've finished Hata Yoga which was the last of the programs I needed to attend. I woke up at 4:30 for the past 3 days. Had a cold water bath, and lived on bananas, apples, oranges and dried fruits.
I feel like I have a new body.
My experiences of each of the program has been unique and powerful. Each time, I experienced something that left me with the sense of 'I never imagined that this would happen, or that this was possible. For me.' And each program, in a very, very diametrically different way.
The next 50 days are going to be unlike anything before. The core focus of my life is going to be my preparation. And I'm nervous because in one hour, I'm going to be told, in great detail, what this preparation is really going to entail. And I can bet, it's going to take my breath away.
__
Some definitions:
Bhava Spandana Program: Bhava means sensation or feeling, spandana means to resonate, emphatic vibration. This four-day high intensity residential programs is offered as a part of Isha Yoga programs. It is an opportunity to raise one's energy to a higher pitch in the presence of Sadhguru, where participants have the possibility to experience Einstein's theory of relativity: E=mc square, higher levels of consciousness that take one to an experience beyond the limitations of body and mind.
Hatha Yoga: Physical form of yoga involving different bodily postures and practices. Used both as a purification and preparatory step for meditation and higher dimensions of spiritual experience. 'Ha' is sun or heat; 'tha' is moon or cool. Hatha is to balance the positive and negative energies within the energy body.
2 comments:
There was this period of time many years ago when I was inspired by my Guru and used to wake up at 4:30 in the morning and meditate. Things made sense then. It was one of the most tranquil and peaceful times of my life. Unfortunately since then I've wandered away from my path. Reading about your progress on the spiritual path has been an inspiration. I hope I can get back on that path soon.
Nice to know that Spock. And I hope so too...
Post a Comment