Time passes quickly when you work at Google. The days blur into weeks and on and on.
I finally finished The Amazing Maurice and his Educated Rodents (by Terry Pratchett) and am now continuing to demolish the healthily growing pile of books beside my bed. I must admit I definitely enjoy fantasy fiction a lot more than other regular novels. The Wyrd Sisters, which I'm reading now, from Pratchett's fabulously famous Discworld series is so hilarious and his language so witty, that I'm constantly cracking up.
Last week I met a couple of people who'd never heard of Parsis. It's weird having to explain to someone about your religion, and culture. And when I try to briefly explain our history of getting to India, it sounds so exotic. I feel like a descendant of a mysterious race when I'm telling these stories. But other than that, my religious feelings and faith are turning indifferent and slowly vanishing. Simply because there doesn't seem to be time in my life for God or prayer or faith. It's scary and sad and confusing at times, and I feel guilty and evil sometimes. I'm a classic case of someone who believes in the superpower, and even desperately prays when I'm ill or scared or want something, but then I never keep the faith.
I saw The Golden Compass this evening. Fairly nice, but reminded me too much of all the other fantasy movies we've seen recently. Witches, and pirate-like Gyptians, ice-bears, and animal souls. Some interesting elements in the story that will make me want to watch the second part, if it gets made. (They've said they'll only make Part 2, called The Subtle Knife, if this one makes enough money.)
I should be sleeping now.
Random advice for random passers-by.
1. Don't drink a lot of aerated drinks.
2. Don't date someone your best friends can't stand.
3. Don't lose an opportunity to do something you've never done before - you may not get the chance again.
No comments:
Post a Comment