Sunday, September 14, 2008

Progress Report - 02

It's been a week since I finished my first program at Isha Yoga centre, and have been practicing everyday.

People have been laughing at me openly - some amused by the change, and some mocking. But a few seeing it and getting inspired.

The practice that they taught us has many benefits - physical, mental, emotional, and energy balancing. The benefits I'm experiencing already -

1. Physically - getting more flexible, feel more in shape, therefore not lazy or sluggy. Have been waking up early, the day is a lot more productive. My every morning nose cold and sniffling has gone away. Without planning to, I've not had chicken or non-veg food since the ashram. There was a time when I couldn't go a meal without chicken, and now I'm not dependent on it anymore and am relishing fresh food a lot more.

2. Mentally - feel very calm, memory has improved, focus on work is so much better. There was a time when I couldn't sit and do something that needed focus if there was noise or other people. But now I can meditate in a room right beside a racket created by 6 enthusiastic foosball players. Without feeling bothered. I can see things a lot more clearly than before, and my mind isn't cluttered by chaos that much.

3. Emotionally - Focusing on the present - not dwelling on the past, or worrying about the future. It's easier to be happy and relaxed. I've noticed an amazing difference in how I react to people - I don't feel impatient or annoyed. Nor do I care anymore about doing things just because someone else is.

4. Energy - Inner energy is the subtle force that keeps us alive - and is so subtle that we're not even aware of it, while being lost in our pursuits of physical and mental happiness.
I learned how important this energy is and I'm slowly beginning to see the difference yoga is making.

A video from the program

No comments: