I've been thinking of buying a domain. I cant think of one perfect domain I want... I mean, I will find it, but haven't yet. You know, like the perfect website name.. for me... for when I'm a famous film maker, photographer, novelist, porn star, something, nothing.
So, while wondering what domain it should be, and while discussing it with Sassy, here's what he pinged me.
www.afrin.com
Aarrgh. So... horrid... pathetic... Nose drops?
I remember now, while reviewing ads for Google a few months back, I came across an AdWords ad for www.afrin.com. Imagine... the chances of the ad picking me to get reviewed by. I think I was so disgusted and embarrassed, (I obviously didn't tell anyone about it) and buried it in a deep corner of my memory.
Didn't think about it till Sassy found it. And Sassy laughed heartily.
To add to this, yesterday, I was talking to a Google Engineering Director, and when I introduced myself to him and said my name, he said, "Oh, I dont know if you know, but your name..."
And I interrupted and said, "Oh yea, there's a song with my name."
He says, "Oh, I don't know about the song... but there in the US, there is a brand of nose drops called Afrin."
I groaned. And laughed... Goddamnit. I'm going to sue them. Not yet... but when I'm a famous film maker, photographer, novelist, porn star, something, nothing....
2 comments:
I think the variety in career options like film maker, photographer, novelist,something, nothing.... Is a good thing... Right?? Whats up with the porn star?? I think you do a hardcore job behind the camera... No pun intended ;)
yeah...a porn star?
Tharini
Post a Comment