Talking about my name, we talked some more about other names. And here is a list of absolutely hilarious names, especially when they come up in our conversations, that we discuss (often.)
1. Mariam knows someone who knows someone called ----
Booby Matthews. (second name changed)
Yes. Her first name is Booby.
We laughed, but more than anything, felt bad for her. How can parents do this? What were they thinking? A lifetime of ridicule. I hope she changes her name.... can you really live with it? Would you get used to a name like Booby and the reaction you get each time you say it?
2. From Booby, we moved on to, what Mariam says, is a very common name among Mallus.
Titty.
Hi, my name is Titty.
Oh God. Mariam said that if her parents named her that, she'd have such a horrible childhood that she'd definitely turn into a psycho murderer and kill her parents or something. I agree with that sentiment.
3. Mariam's dad recently hired someone who's name is....
Guitar.
Yes, the first name. Her father asked him to change his name. Because he's in the sales department and wouldn't be able to sell a thing if he said, "Hi, I'm Guitar."
Oh, and Guitar has a sister.... Veena.
Sheesh.
4. Then Jeetu mentioned the classic punjabi names... Of course we've all heard the Russell Peters jokes about Ramindeep, and Sukhdeep, and Hardik.
Jeetu once met someone called Five Star Singh.
And his brother, Superstar Singh.
I died laughing.
5. Then I've heard of someone called Clitoria. Clitty. I couldn't believe it. Parents aren't supposed to be perverts.
6. My ex boyfriend lived in the Dadar Parsi Colony. He wasn't a Parsi though, and he always made fun of the names of people in my community.
Sodawaterbottleopenerwala.
Screwwala.
Daruwala.
But, the weirdest one was someone who's first name was High Court.
How can anyanyone not understand the significance and meaning of a name?
I'll keep Afrin - with or without nose drops, thanks.
4 comments:
Phew! No update :(
Messed up names are lovely conversation starters...from all the conversations iv had these are my favourites:
Menses
Euclit
Climax
Adorable
Popstar
Neptune Rainbow Blessings
then theres a whole bunch to be blamed on christianity:
Nativity
Conception
Assumption
and the most depressing of them all is Noname...yup no name....its true...they didnt know what to name her and they chose Noname!!
theres got to be a law where you can sue your parents for this...
Mensis? Climax? No way, Ballerina! Er, wait, could your name possibly be... Menopausal? :P
Yes, today I heard of someone who's name is The Immaculate Conception of Mother Mary.
I think this list could never end.
Hardik would be a compliment me thinks :)
Post a Comment