Monday, June 18, 2007

Post No. 3

Yes, this is the third consecutive post in my present sate of being hung-over. (For interesting notes about the advantages and disadvantages of being hung-over, look here.)

This post is about parties and the people in them.

I was at a nice party last evening. Many boys. Many naughty boys. Not too many girls, but enough. I was thinking right now, that it is so unfortunate that I didn’t meet anyone who came across as hot, naughty, interesting (they did till here) and intelligent (they didn’t get to this.) And then I thought, I wonder what I came across as? And I know. Hot, yes, naughty, yes, interesting, yes, intelligent? Didn’t get a chance to display whatever little I might have of the stuff. I guess it hold true for them too... I didn't get a chance to really know.

I guess everyone has a ‘party façade.’ We all put on a show. We all want to be hot, interesting, and naughty. We make senseless jokes, pass pointless comments, and preen. Quite horrid to think of it this way. But, yea, I did too last night.

And an interesting part was, when I was talking to a couple of the guys and one was narrating a story about the other, and the other was protesting, he didn’t want the story told. And the narrator said, ‘I have to say it.. And you’ll probably never meet her again.’

It didn’t strike me then, but now, it makes sense. We all put on the show because we are most likely, never really going to meet again. Though, chances are I will see the bunch again, and will probably behave silly again. But maybe I’ll look at them differently. I try and look under the façade. Just for curiosity.

5 comments:

The Unknown Soldier said...

The Party Facade that you mention... is something I dread like the plague. I hate it and avoid it as much as possible. To the extent that I avoid parties ;)

Afrin Sopariwala said...

Hey, I know what you mean. Until recently I hated parties with a vengence too. But now, I go out with friends once in a way, and find that I do enjoy myself.

I guess it depends on Who, Where, When, What, Why, And How you're feeling there and then.

Vivek Padmanabhan said...

Ah the agony of having an entire social group who hates partying!! Need more freinds... The party kind... Look out i shall... Till then i side by mista unknown.

Afrin Sopariwala said...

I dunno, good music, good drinks and good company, even if it is one person can make a party enjoyable. Good music is very, very important.

Ankur Arora said...

in any of the pubs, you can find 5 sorta ppl...

1. groupies...who'll be with a bunch of friends and won't really be bothered about the people around, coz they wanted to have a gud time wid dat group only. they form just about 10% of the crowd.

2. single men/women...they wanna have a nice evening...the guys will feel excited about the prospect of hitting on the best gals there and the gals craving for all the attention will happily play along! as dr. hitch said, "no woman wakes up saying, God! I hope I don't get swept off my feet today!" ;-)
in abundance...about 70%!

3. couples...happy in each other's company, though the guy does look around once in a while to check out the other gals who might find him "cute"(i sometimes wonder how the girls dat i knw find the weirdest looking men cute, they say it always!)...and the gal too would do the same, seeking assurance that she hasn't lost the "charm" as yet, and maybe to find someone better than the one next to her!(fact: guys are more committed.)
...about 15%.

4. music lovers...who'll just be there to enjoy wot the dj's playin' that nite. very few, just about 2%.

5. the rest 3% can be the owners, their friends, or some who are a blend of the above mentioned categories.

pheww!!!
but itz always great to have chilled beer with good music playing in the background to keep the senses alive! cheers!