I travel to and fro between Bombay and Hyderabad very often. I keep promising myself I wont go back home to Bombay for at least a month (because I do need to save money), but somehow or the other, I'm there sooner than I planned to be.
Well, so ever since I lost my baby, I've been quite prudent about how I use and spend my money. I have never quite been this way. It's a pleasant change.
Anyway, so last week, a friend came down from New York, and she wont be down again, at least for another year, so I simply HAD to see her, and went down to Bombay over the weekend.
On Saturday was Mel's house warming party too, and I was glad to be able to to make it for that one... (any party featuring the Split boys is bound to be the most fun ever.)
I took along a bottle of pretty pink Sula Zinfandel Wine, and we got smashed on a new invented drink (called The Bearded Slut, designed and created by Melroy D'Mello - more about this later) and lots of the gorgeous Sula wines - someone else also got a bottle.
It was great being in Bombay with everyone, and at some point during the party Mel came to me and said that he thought it was time for me to start doing the great things that I am destined to do. Nice, pleasant flattery that. Every time I mention that I'm going to be a film maker someday, my friends say that they're certain I'll be 'big.' Really nice of them to say it, and I don't take it seriously, but that day, I thought about it.
And more so, on my bus ride back to Hyderabad on Monday evening.
Bus rides are interesting. Especially when its dark, there's this enormous huge window at your side and you're speeding through your countryside. I felt, after a long time, surreal, and eerie and a bit psychedelic. I was listening to Depeche Mode, feeling lonely and a great, crazy hungry frenzy soon erupted in my head.
I had my laptop on my lap, and fiercely started typing. I made a few resolutions and drew a 'how to be a happy girl' road map. And then started thinking about what Mel had said that day.
If I am going to do great things, and I want to, and everyone wants to, what am I going to do? Mel said I should always give 100% to anything I do. Be it at Google right now, or when I quit and go back to Bombay to make films, eventually. And I was wondering, what would be my mission to greatness?
I thought of something interesting then. Its always been inherent in me to try to make people feel passionately about things... especially things I'm passionate about. Music, or movies, or photography, or travel, or a concept, I've this intense need to get people to understand and appreciate a good piece of art. Of course, subject to their opinion... But I like to ignite passions.
If there's one thing to pick as my mission to greatness, that's what it would be.
No comments:
Post a Comment