Friday, July 27, 2007

Freeeeee drinks?

They serve free drinks, for women, every Wednesday at a few bars in Hyderabad. Ladies night, it's called.

So there's this place called Firangi Pani that my friends and I visit sometimes, (mostly Wednesdays) and I definitely feel a urgent need to consume as much alcohol as I possibly can before 9:45pm, which is when they stop serving the free alcohol.

Wednesday last, we were there once again, and I made it in time to get two mugs of beer. Was nice to have my stomach swell with the happy buzz of beer.

Now, there's a flip side. I drink beer. My friends don't. they prefer vodka. And the vodka they serve... well, can barely be called Vodka, curse the slimy thieves. We call it Essence of Vodka, coz the drink barely has 2 teensy drops. Quite annoying. I took a sip of a friend's drink and we voted, 'definitely 2 drops of vodka with a whole glass of sprite.'

M, my roommate, doesn't drink. Not even the 2 drops of vodka with a whole glass of sprite. She ordered a sprite. You can imagine how pissed off she was when she took a few sips and said, 'This isn't even sprite. It's 2 drops of sprite with a whole glass of water!'

I just had to laugh. Imagine ordering a glass of water then. Two drops of water with a whole glass of oxygen?

No comments: