After a really hectic week at work, and I've been desperately looking forward to this trip, I finally went to Bangalore for a Split gig! What fun.
I met Swamy first thing I reached there. Was great to see him, and laugh at / with him. Then he dropped me off to the hotel where Split was put up.
I was a bit worried about a situation where Swamy meets the Split boys. But it was funny. They liked him at once, and started making a noise straightaway. He certainly got a bit alarmed. And he didn't hang around too long, much to Mel's dismay.
After lots of sipping of random drinks floating around, and after Gary arrived (late), a few of us went to Koshy's for lunch. I had fish and chips, and beer. Perfect.
Later we got ready to go off to the venue for the gig - Unwind Center. Sound checked. Smoked up. Got smashed all over again.
Gig was good. I got a full video. Will upload it. Crowd was small. Venue was smaller. Bangalore was gorgeous. The weather was fantastic.
Mel really is crazy. He is the supreme king of insanity. He'd lived in Bangalore for 2 years earlier, so had loads of friends to hang out with, so hang out with them he did, after the show and we didn't see him and his wife until lunch time the next day. When we caught him, he was standing on Brigade road, wearing a Split T shirt with the sleeves ripped off. That gave him the look of someone on the run - from a mental hospital. And with all that funny hair and beard. Ha.
Mel was looking for his wife. Apparently she'd been right with him, and had vanished. Mel was panicky. He said, "I've been pissing her off all morning, now am shitting in my pants." And then he screamed, "SIMRAT" across the street, one of the loudest screams. It was straight out of a movie. Really funny. I love those moods of Mel.
In a minute, he stopped this guy who was walking past and said to him, dramatically pointing a finger in the chap's face, "You are the most good looking man I have ever seen." Mel's eyes were wide, and he was saying it with his unbeatable, completely honest, blunt truthfulness. He meant it.
The guy looked a bit pleased and went on walking, with a little swagger. The rest of us were laughing.
We found Sim in a few minutes (we used the phone). And went on our way to Pecos. I was walking hand-in-hand with Mel. We saw a mannequin outside a shop displaying a 2-piece swim suit. You won't believe what Mel did next. He told me, let's take her pants off. I said : Noooo! But, that was too late. He pulled down the bottoms of the mannequin. I ran off. Nigel took a photo.
Pecos was superb. It's very nice pub, three rickety stories, great music (this place is known for only playing music off cassettes), and awesome draft beer. Got some pics and a hilarious video of Split getting drunk at Pecos. It really is hilarious.
Mel was in his element.
It was a fun break, and I hope to see them boys again soon.
3 comments:
read a few of your posts...enjoyed!
really liked your photography...
der ws no shoutbox, so had to comment here. rock on!
Much thanks Ankur.
Ha ha... Nice... U like blore?? Mann i'm missing it now after reading ur blog... Pecos rulz!! Mojos rocks too... Anxiously waiting for the vid.
Post a Comment