Recent posts on this blog can be attributed to alcohol consumption and malfunction of hormones. Definitely not something to be proud about. But it's ok. Alcohol consumption when you're 22 is acceptable. I will be responsible when the time demands it. And, as for the hormonal malfunction - such is fate.
Anyway, today was an interesting mix of disaster and good times. The disaster was that I was at work all day. On a Saturday. Without breakfast or lunch and only a fistful of biscuits and snacks to keep me going.
However.
At 6:30 pm, Daya Singh called me and said there was a gig tonight. Pub Rock Fest - a festival at which Split has played last year, and I was sure it would be a good gig. And anyway, it had been so so so long since I saw live music, I just had to go. The alcohol consumption was continued, hence this post.
Band 1:
Native Tongue. Hyderabadi 3 piece band. Heavily influenced by the grunge kings - Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana. I was fairly impressed and thoroughly enjoyed the show. They played all originals, except for one. And each original was tight, well constructed, and instantly catchy. I was loving it. And the highlight was when they played the song that has been on my must-listen-to-everyday-list for a couple of months now. Foo Fighter's The Pretender. !!#! Not a perfect cover, but just the song was enough to thrill me.
Band 2:
Lounge Piranha. I'd seen these guys' website a few months ago, and was quite impressed. So, I'd been really waiting for a chance to see these guys live - they're from Bangalore. The first song they played this evening, was a Tool cover, and they had a guest who played the didgeridoo. Amazing. Not a sight you see often in Hyderabad. Or Bombay, for that matter. Very awesome.
*
I just had a 5 hour long nap since I wrote that. Passed out flat - sleeping on my iron, a book, and a phone charger.
I don't feel like writing anymore. Happy Sunday.
1 comment:
why wasnt i informed? remember I called you!
Post a Comment