Thursday, April 12, 2007

Detachable Attachments

I guess this title doesn't make much sense. Can't all attachments be detached. Ok, maybe not always. They might be stitched, or stuck, or surgically attached. Nevermind all that, I want to talk about my camera.

The pretty Nikon D70s.


Lovely feel, sound, sight, posession. So this one is my new attachment. Goes everywhere I go. Around my neck, or in my bag. She gets a lot of attention too. A bit scary sometimes. We dont mean no harm.

So, last Thursday, a colleague lent me his Nikon 70 -300mm lens. I've been meaning to buy a good zoom lens, and this one seems perfect. Thursday, also, a bunch of us left for our long weekend to Madras. It was fun juggling with two lenses. I barely ever had time to compose, and make pictures slowly and calmly. And since I wasnt really prepared to have two lenses, my camera wouldn't fit into the case if I had attached the new lens on. So juggling was imperative. I got a good idea of what landscape would fit best with which lens. Still learning though.

Here are the pics of the Madras / Pondichery pics. Mostly Pondicheri, and buddies, who like to pose.

1 comment:

edson_dias said...

I'm seriously thinking of going digital. Right now I still use my 30 year old mamiya & nikon 6006