I time-traveled today, with a beer mug. Was good fun.
I saw myself, sitting on a bench in the great grand hall of St. Xavier's College, while some boys were jamming on stage. It was 2003. Nitin was 19 years old, with his eyes shut, clenching a microphone. Vikas, 18, shy and weird, playing drums. Sam and Sneh, guitars and keyboards. Both girls I was in awe of. Shammi, my ex-boyfriend, was gazing obliquely at everyone.
It's weird to go back in time and see yourself. I was a different person then. It was the time I was just getting exposed to rock music, and the culture of sex-drugs-rock-n-roll. Slightly shaken. I thought those people were my friends. But I hardly ever, ever spoke. A long, long time ago. I was a different person then.
I time-traveled with, my mug of beer, and Radiohead's Creep.
1 comment:
Maybe after 10 years, you'll time-travel and say the same thing again "I was a different person then." ?
Post a Comment