Was in Bombay for 2 night and 3 days courtesy Google, put up at the Hilton Towers (really really), and shuttled about in a fancy car (if one can really shuttle about in Bombay's seriously worsening traffic.)
Was there as a volunteer for the Be NetSmart initiative by Google and the Bombay Police's Cyber Crime Cell. Basically, heading from school to school and teaching the kids to be smart and safe and avoid becoming victims of cyber crime. There's loads of press coverage for the project, so read more about it somewhere else.
What I'm writing to say is...
I had a blast. Flew in and out. Checked into the Hilton Towers, in all its glory. Hung around at Marine Drive and met up with long, lost junkie friend. Lounged about in bathtub. Ate with silver cutlery. Adjusted the room temperature and lights and every goddamned thing with a button. Snuggled into the cosiest bed and fluffiest pillow ever. Ate incredibly crisp apples.
The second day, after my work was done, I managed to roam around at Colaba for a bit, drop in at Furtados and buy a lovely Granada acoustic guitar for Agent P, shop for swimming trunks and USB cables, and bubble bath, and also managed to surprise my granny at Colaba with a 400 second visit.
What I didn't do was:
Eat vada pav. Travel by train. Eat chaat. Swim.
Shame.
But the highlight of the
No comments:
Post a Comment