Do you ever wonder what this enormous, huge population of India is doing? I'll tell you.
I caught a bit of a TV news clip this morning of a rural celebration. There were hundreds of people. Trumpets and horn blowing. Priests and prayers, and feasts. Crowds and crowds of people, cramped up and praying. Wait till you hear what they were celebrating...
And things like this is what loads of people in my country are spending enormous amounts of energy and time doing - (all that trumpet blowing and ringing of bells has got to be exhausting.)
They were celebrating the wedding of a cow and a bull.
I feel like crying.
4 comments:
Hahahaha....this is a very funny article. I have not been to India but I have heard about marrying of cows and bulls. besides sometimes people get married to animals too as a rite to fend off bad luck before marrying a person. Thank you for visiting my blog. You have a very interesting blog. I will definitely be back for more interesting stories from India. :)
Spending time celebrating is time better spent than crying :o)
Hey, we all need reasons to celebrate. Love your blog.
Oh anonymous, oh yes we do need reasons to celebrate, but it does hurt me to see such waste of energy and time over something that's not doing anyone any good. Least of all to the cow and bull. Poor things, they had garlands of flowers around their necks and colour on them. While all they ever wanna do is lounge about eating grass. :)
Born2click, I enjoyed your tutorials, waiting for them to get more in depth.
totally know the feeling!
Post a Comment