Saturday, November 17, 2007

And revealing what's been playing in my head and driving me nuts for the past 3 months

It's nearly time. I've been longing to blog about this for ages and ages... but my head wouldn't allow it.

Now, its ok, I think.

I'm off to Bombay this Friday for a Whole Month And A Bit More. Brad Butler from n.o.where is going to be down in Bombay, and is working an interesting experimental art film project (more about this when I know more about this). And I'm going to be working with him. Filming... on 16mm film... in Bombay, on the streets... traveling (hopefully) to a few more cities... and living ze life.

Other things I have to accomplish are as follows:

1. Hang out with Split and get the music album recorded.
2. Teach Brad to speak Hindi and get it to sound like Hindi when he speaks it.
3. Get to know a lot more nooks and corners of Bombay.
4. Not shop too much.
5. Build up on artists' contacts for Ze Future.
6. Take loads of brilliant photos on the new Nikon D40x Brad will buy for our use (wowow!)

And work on my own mini film project - Brad insists I do.

I've noticed I make a lot of numbered lists in my posts. Even for silly things.

But anyway, all this is terribly exciting, and am happy to be going to Bombay in November - December, when the weather is bearable, and Bombay is lit with festivities and art. But, strangely, I'm also a bit sad to be missing winter in Hyderabad, and time with everyone here... (Not to forget a super exciting gig in the outskirts of the city, celebrating Jim Morrison's birthday that I'm going to miss.) Yea, I didn't think I'd ever feel this way, but I'm going to miss Hyderabad, Google, and my life here.

However.

Change is in the air... I can feel it, and very very soon, I'm going to be outdoors more than I've been in the past year and a half stuck indoors at Goooooogle. 'Ere comes the sun. (I hope my now orange hair doesn't get golden in the sun). But what the hell, I'm a 22 year old Googler, going off to work on an experimental film, I guess I can afford to look a little experimental (experiment-gonewrong that is). Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Found your true calling!!! How can I not wish you good luck for this one, Afrin!!! Remember I once commented on one of your previous posts that you're going to make films soon...and you will, I'm sure.

We only share a blogger-reader relationship but then I am very happy for you. Your post got me smiling. I have started to feel that I know you pretty well now I guess. Sometimes 2 minutes of blog-reading is worthier than 2 hours of writing.

I'm sure one day there'll be numerous posts about your OWN films. I'd love to read those ones as well.

Good luck for your life ahead. And be true to yourself, Afrin. That's very important.

Tharini