I'm on the road again, in a bus... nearly in Bombay.
The ride's been good. I woke up at around 4:00 am and saw the nearly full moon. We were driving straight into it. It was beautiful.
I'm listening to music. A Million Ways to be Cruel is playing (again) and my jaw just dropped. We went over a bridge and I got my first glimpse of Bombay. Rather, of the grey dull cloud that is Bombay. It's horrific. The smog and smoke that lives clinging to Bombay seems to get worse each time... and I guess the remnants of Diwali is still around...
I'm reading a book. Wikinomics. Wiki is here. And wiki is the future.
While I read, I think about the various instances of wiki I've seen recently. Besides my job - which primarily revolves around Geo Wiki, I've seen loads of wiki.
Like an idea I hd a few weeks back about writing a novel with a few friends with Google Docs. A wiki novel.
And like how Mel told me bout him making music over the internet with his musician friends from Bangalore.
And the music video by Pentragram, which used clips of video shot by their fans who were invited to make their own video for the band.
Wiki is here.
I'm on a holiday for a whole month, and his time mst be fully utilized for a creative explosion. It's now or never, young Afrin, says my head.
I'm going to be working closely with Brad on his project (one that I've very little idea about yet, but am not worried about that.. ) and then I have to work on a project for myself too. Anything I want.
I already know what I want to do, but because I'm superstitious and scared to jinx it, I'll reveal the supercool plan once am sure its really happening. But I'll say that its going to have an element of wikii. Somehow.
I still can't believe I'm on vacation for a month.
Here's what I need to make this vacation perfect: (Yes, another numbered list coming up, sir)
1. My home to myself. With someone looking after everything.
2. An excellent internet connection.
3. No traffic on the roads when I'm out visiting the girls, or drinking with the boys.
4. A weekend riding with the bikers.
5. Three Split gigs and Kalhan visiting.
6. Nice weather, of course.
7. My sister visiting for a weekend, and then going away (hi zoozie)
8. Film / art / music / theatre festivals galore.
9. Bumping into random friends each time I take the local train.
10. A bus ticket to Hyderabad whenever I want?
Ah, well, I guess I cant have everything. But this is a humble enough list. I didn't mention that I want to go to Goa.
My bus is now within city limits. 'Vashi' says the bright blue board. Another 40 minutes to home. Now, I must get back to looking outside the window.
I'm suddenly reminded of my camera. The first time I saw my camera and touched it was on Jaunary 1, 2007, in Bombay. I left for Hyderabad the same day. And came back to Bombay on January 6th, for Michelle's party. I remember being so cautious with my camera. I never took it off from around my neck. I remember seeing and admiring its reflection in the bus window. And I remember the sound of its beautiful mechanism. And the look of awe and admiration of people who saw it.
Anyway, that was just a passing thought. From some corner of my mind.
No comments:
Post a Comment