Sunday, November 18, 2007

What the head says to the heart

(I still can't get over my red hair)

Anyway, I'm blogging about something personal today. Relationships.

I haven't had too many, but I'm thinking about all the possible ones that could have been, or the ones that didn't happen, and the one's that I wanted to happen, but couldn't.

Well, as soon as people meet, they instantly share vibes. Of course, over time, these vibes change, they either completely die out or vanish, or change into something magical. And the relationship takes its journey.

There are people who instantly attract you. (God, this is so complicated, coz I'm thinking of something, I'm not sure I'm saying it correct.) Anyhow, so this attraction can be the spark-y kinds (which most often means trouble) or the comfortable kinds.

From my experiences purely, I've known men who're like restless dynamite. They're the wandering, restless souls, who can thrill and can kill. It's exciting at first, but then turns into like going on a crazy drive with a lunatic in a car with no brakes. It's exhausting and emotionally draining, and completely not worth it. But tough to get out of, coz you're addicted. It's a good idea then to take a holiday to a remote mountain or something.

Then there's the fawning, all-adoring kinds. The guys who're terribly sweet, and look after you (all the time). They wont let you take ric by yourself, or will gasp each time you sneeze or trip. It's unhealthy. These kinds of initial vibes never translated in a relationship for me.

There's also the unexpected. Like the classic - friend who's been around, and suddenly you realize you can't do without, and then the love hits. Nice, but rare. Haven't experienced this distinctly, but a close version of it.

And the rarest of all, is the comfort zone. The person who can make your heart flutter, and at the same time, you can and completely can be your most ridiculous self with. Many people have made my heart flutter, but very few have I ever been able to be myself (yes, I'm very ridiculous) with.

Anyway, this is a bit too ... silly and vague, so I'm going to end it here.

Will just say, to complete this difficult thesis, that its possible to be in love with multiple people at the same time... and its OK as long as you're honest about it. And another thing - if someone makes you cry, and knows that he did (or she did - do boys ever cry over girls?), it's a good sign to hit the detach and set free button. That's my rule. One tear for the boy, and I say to myself - damn, he's finished too. What a shame, but a sign I can't ignore too long.

I can't believe I'm publishing this.

1 comment:

Vivek Padmanabhan said...

hahahaha!! Makes for a good debate :)