I woke up with a big swollen eye. Not pretty. Alarming enough to stop me from going to work and want to visit a doctor. This would be the first time I've visited a doctor in Hyderabad. Doctor pronounced everything ok, and I was free to do as I pleased for Rest Of Day.
The weather being absolutely, perfectly, romantically dreamy and overcast, I set off walking around the lovely KBR national park. Must pause here to appreciate the existence of my ego. This ego would not allow me to show my face with swollen eye to ANYONE I know. However, pertaining to people I didn't know, the Ego felt ok giving them a full dose of the ugliness. In fact, I decided I would try and scare some people, by suddenly appearing around corners with big swollen eye. However, this little experiment at being Boogie Man didn't work. People scarcely look other people in the eye. Shame.
After that, I walked around, and enjoyed a lovely unexpectedly free afternoon in Hyderabad. And I thought about how its been 19 months that I've lived here, and how from day 1, I haven't ever felt homesick, or really lonely in Hyderabad. I have a family here. (Figuratively, I mean.)
The overcast weather reminded me terribly of Goa. I dunno why, but now the rains always remind me of Goa. Probably because of the trip when all ten days in Goa, it rained, and stormed, and we got drenched each time we stepped out.
I continued wandering and found myself at Walden. Never been there before, but there was something I was longing to buy, and I knew I'd get here. And financial destruction ensued. I bought two expensive, but absolutely must-have books, and a full painting set. Everything except an easel, which would have cost me 2000 bucks, and I was bright enough to remember that I'm already broke this month (aftereffects of Iron Maiden, flying back to Hyd, and purchase of Miss Guitar). But painting material is here. And painting is something I've always done with eye infections. Spent one whole week painting when I was down with conjunctivitis. Fabulous.
The blood is feeling young, and hopefully should spill some passion.
And the eye is doing well, thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment