I think everyone is curious about the lives of strangers. Everyone eavesdrops. Everyone spies. Some, possibly to an obsessive degree, and some, for a laugh.
I've recently moved to a new apartment, and am still settling (or unsettling) in. I've put my computer right in front of my window, so I can gaze outside while pages load, or just gaze outside anyway. There's not much I can gaze at except the building some 12 feet away and the Window. The window directly opposite mine.
I've been curious about this window ever since I moved in. Who lives there, and what do they do? Can they hear the music I'm constantly playing, or the guitar when I play it?
Have they seen me?
This morning though, I saw a face. Early riser. Yoga practiser. Pious, and peaceful looking. An elderly man. Stretching his arms now. And, catching a glimpse of me peeking at him. Getting uncomfortable. Turning the light off now. Gone.
No comments:
Post a Comment