Sunday, February 03, 2008

Stuck in the middle of words

It's that time and phase when I find it hard to write. Am struggling to write. There's so much I have to write about... but the words.. are... sluggy.

Bike ride to Srisailem! I haven't even mentioned the great adventures.
Am in Bombay and having a superfunpacked agenda.
Mel&Sim have a baby boy. The best news I got in ages. (Mel says his baby looks like an alien) Boy, I can hardly wait to see him.
Split gig tomorrow.

And finally, I attended the Iron Maiden concert last evening. I've always been terribly reluctant to spend so much money on something that lasts only a couple of hours. Rs 1650? I wouldnt have a few months ago... But, am glad I attended. Quite an experience.

I felt as if the Gods had come on stage to perform. The whole experience - the stage and changing backdrops. Bruce's insane energy and power. His costumes. And the fact that every single note and key was perfectly in place. Every single solo, ever single time. And to think they're nearly 60 years old! What a feat.

I solemnly swear that I'm attending every concert I can get my ass to.

2 comments:

Tharini Venugopalan said...

How was the concert Afrin? I missed it :-(

Afrin Sopariwala said...

It was awesome! They're coming back next year, so you can attend then.