Monday, back from the ride, and have to be ready to hit work. Brad had picked up the pin-hole camera film rolls yesterday, but the results of our first trial experiment were not very exciting. Mine had some images, but there was a fair bit going really off exposure. More experiments due soon.
We had a heavy day of shoot planned. The hexagon shoot. Six locations. Picked off a map. In the shape of a hexagon.
Was interesting, loads of reactions / interactions with people on the street. I had to make up all kinds of stories - we're doing a location shoot for a TV serial, news, etc. At this one place, an old lady who lived in the tiny gulley where we were shooting asked me what we were doing, and I had to explain to her that we were doing a location shoot for a TV serial, and that if my boss liked these pictures, we would shoot a TV serial session there. She got so thrilled that I felt almost guilty. She went around happily yelping to anyone who'd listen - shooting hai, shooting hai.. and something about Shah Rukh Khan coming over! I just had to smile and politely accept the glass of water she gave me, secretly praying that it was safe to drink.
Its also been fun to be back on the streets, eating vada pav and anything I can find, whenever I want. That's something I've really missed in hyd.
Oh, at one of the points we filmed at, a young kid, the witty / cocky kinds, kept walking bravely in and out of the camera frame, but also dismissed us with a casual - arrey, who cares what they're shooting, someone or the other is always shooting something.
Was fun. Then went to a fancy mall and blew up money. I'm really shamefully impulsive.
No comments:
Post a Comment