Monday, December 24, 2007

Bombay Diaries - Day 30

Day in Pune. Hung out some more with the family. Was supposed to be back in Bombay in time for a Split gig at a college festival, but it was so easy to just be at home in Pune, that I left really late. Saw half of Ratatouille.

The whole bus ride I was anxious about if I would make it in time for the gig - and ultimately, I didn't. By the time Brad and I got there, they'd finished. Missed the performance by about 45 minutes. Apparently, it was a good show, and they got a great response. Saw Garreth get surrounded and admired by loads of people - just going up to him to say, great show, great voice, awesome songs!

After that, we dunked into the closest bar we could find, and had a nice long evening with a interesting mix of conversations - (Split, Himesh Reshamya, Experimental Cinema, Blue Frog, money, patents, sex, cops, getting arrested, chicken, Christmas and so on). Split has a fair number of gigs coming up.

Finally, we got dropped home in Nigel's brand new car (an arctic white Swift).

When I spend evenings out with the boys, that's when I feel really sad about being in Hyderabad, and missing all the action when I'm away. But then again, I can't have it all.

No comments: