Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bombay Diaries - Day 21

Today was interesting. (That seems to be everyone's favorite word these days. Interesting.)

We wanted to go up North Bombay today. Really north to the suburbs, and we got onto a train and went all the way up to the end of the line. 40 kms from home. Got a rickshaw, and he took us around to the beach some 10 km away, and we filmed at a lovely little village around there. It was amazing to get such a nice peaceful reaction from the villagers. They looked, but just let us be. Didn't crowd around or ask silly questions.

After that, we stopped at the some salt pans, and were going about our business peacefully, when a nosy busybody came over and asked us silly questions. In a very annoyingly arrogant manner. We really couldn't understand what could possibly be bothering him, and when Brad firmly expressed that he wasn't going to back off, this chap backed off, and shuffled off.

After that, we came back home, rested and then set off for a nice social evening where we met Brad's friends who've just flown into India, and are heading off on a rather unplanned holiday in the south of India. I was quite concerned about them - just imagining them having to manage so much alone! But I guess that's that part about being a tourist, and well, they'll manage I know. We had a nice Indian dinner. (veg)

We also met another couple of friends who're Bombay based filmmakers. Had an interesting couple of beers, before we left to catch the last train to leave Churchgate. 12:50am.

Which brings our grand total of kilometers travelled today to: 170km.

Fantastico.

Tomorrow is weekend. Seems packed. Breakfast date. Lunch date. Post lunch date. And evening concert at Bandra to attend. (Garreth's first ever solo performance.)

Quote for the day - He had a really bad vocabulary.

Nigel, while describing someone's poor singing skills. Not enlightening in the least, this quote, however, it will serve to provide me with a laugh some 3 years hence. Thank you for your co-operation.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

See I told you, Afrin! I'm very happy to read this post :)

Seriously, I really waited for today's post because I wanted to know whether today was a good day for you or not. Now I can sleep well :)

And not forgetting, good luck for tomorrow!