Monday, December 03, 2007

Bombay Diaries - Day 9

Day nine. Sunday. My day off, but barely any progress, socially.

Started off lazy enough, with two plans to meet girlfriends, that just didn't work out, and after that decided to head off to Bandra to buy tickets for the night show of Beowulf.

Enter Agent N, who insists that I'm stupid if i don't buy tickets online, and I buy his argument, and buy tickets online. Of course, after I've paid for the tickets, I realize that they aren't good seats, and aren't at a good time, and not at a cinema I'm keen to go to. I feel really stupid. Feeling utterly frustrated, I head out for some urgent errands, still contemplating if I should forgo these tickets and try and book the Bandra cinema. But, then, I cool off, and decide to go for this show anyway.

Head back home, realize we have to be at the cinema in half an hour. The journey would usually take 40 minutes. I despair again, and rush Brad to get ready, rush the rickshaw to get us there, and when we arrive, (around 7 minutes late) and I try to get the tickets I've paid for online already, I am told that there are no tickets for me. 5 minutes of oh this can't be happening, and I finally heed to the little voice in my head that says, I think we're at the wrong cinema. Correct, little voice in my head. We were at the wrong 'Cinemax'.

The moment of misery stretched. We decided we should go back home. Suddenly, felt better. Realized there was so much to do, and we felt like we had an unexpected free evening. Went to my favourite local shady bar, and then went home to work on project Pin Hole Camera.

After gathering all our material: beer can (really), matchbox, film, black electrical tape, and sand paper, we were ready to go.

We started at 10:00 and were finished by 1:30 am. Two beautiful, incredible pin hole cameras. Photos soon. Packed week ahead.

Quote for the day:
Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
- Howard Aiken

No comments: