Saturday, December 22, 2007

Bombay Diaries - Day 28

Last day of shoot. (We may do some more, hopefully), but weird that it's over. What? I have to go back to work?? Today we filmed with Aviv (of Split) pretty much what we filmed with Nigel the other day.

Also, saw Sholay finally. Had completely wanted Brad to see this film, and he enjoyed it. Jai and Veeru and Gabbar and Basanti and Thakur. Of course, with English Subtitles on. I was surprised the subtitles were so good... nearly did great justice to the excellent script.

(Moser Baer has come out with this excellent series of DVD releases of loads of movies, also TV serials, etc, for excellent prices and fabulous quality. The Sholay DVD cost us Rs 39/- with very neat packaging.) Must buy more.

Anyway, Christmassy feeling is all around. The decorations are up, and bars are opening up all night. The unfortunate part is this sudden, horrid bit of humidity that has crept in from somewhere, and its really unlike Bombay weather in December. I hope it wears off soon - like now.

We met up with some more London friends of Brad's who're in town, on their way to Goa, and had a nice Indian dinner. And then some beer.

Took the late night train back home, and realized it was probably our last late night train for this season, and that was really sad. That's the most comfortable commuting time in Bombay! Well, hopefully we'll be doing more of this again...

I shouldn't be here now. I am to leave for Pune early tomorrow morning, and I haven't even begun planning, forget packing. I seem to get worse with each travel. Will see the baby sister tomorrow, and the cousins. And of course, the friend from college who's getting married! I'm debating if I need to take my laptop to Pune... and obviously I don't, but its crazy how attached to technology we are.

Anyway, back to some packing, and my lovely new Haruki Murakami book - Kafka on the Shore.

No comments: