Day nineteen!?
Today, after waking up late again (strangely, I'm not enjoying these odd hours of sleeping and waking - it's quite horrid to wake up at nearly noon and find half your day gone), I lazed about some more, and then found that Shammi (exboyfriend) was visiting. Had been hoping to buy some weed off him, and also rope him into a performance based experiment we want to shoot. Was nice to see him again, after ages.
After that we went to Bombay's best bookstore - Landmark - and bought books. I bought 2 Haruki Murakami s and 1 Terry Pratchett book. Very nice feeling... and oh boy, what a great bookstore + movies + music. It's hard to resist buying everything.
Our shoot for the day was at Andheri Railway Station, at 7:00 pm. It took us exactly 5 minutes to finish. I had to look out for cops, and read a newspaper, trying to hide Brad while he shot off the railway bridge. Was glad to have this shoot finished off, we'd been talking about it for ages.
Finally, the exciting part of the evening was heading off to Blue Frog's opening night.
Blue Frog is the company Mel works for. It's a -
1. Record Label
2. Recording Studio
3. Production House
4. Club
The club opened tonight, and they've promised to have a live act every single night. No easy feat, that. Mel was there of course, and so was Kalhan, a crazy kid who's doing a month long internship with Blue Frog.
Hmm. Nice place, this club. Fancy decor. Really fancy. Expensive bar. Big nice performance area. Funky video screens overhead. Nice wooden roof beams. And boy, the crowd tonight - utterly the really rich. So many hot women! And the regular rich people. I couldn't help but want to eavsdrop on their conversations, and keep looking around at them. So many of them. A whole different breed, these rich humans.
There were two live acts. Chromosome i (jazz band I could take about 10.2 minutes of) and Shaa'ir and Funk.
Hot chick she was, Shaa'ir. But, still all together quite too much upper class for me to deal with. We left, and caught the latest local train I've ever taken. (1.06 am).
Quote for the day from a song of the minute -
I don't want to sit across the table from you wishing I could run. -- Love you madly by Cake.
No comments:
Post a Comment