Fabulous day. Headed out early in the morning, and got onto a bus to Pune, (annoying bit in the bus where I had to endure Mr. and Mrs. Khiladi, and lyrics that went - jab tak samose mein hai alu, tab tak tu rahegi meri Shalu.) I was trying to catch some sleep.
Was great to see the family - the grandparents, cousin, aunt, sister, and uncle. The mission of the day was the wedding I was here to attend - of my classmate Devika. She was probably my only good friend in college, and I really wanted to see her at her wedding.
It was weird - I sat there eating the awesome maharashtrian food, and staring at her, all so grown up and gorgeous, with the red bangles in her hands, and the red sindoor on her forehead. I could hear her voice in my head - I always really admired her style of talking, and her intellect. And her laughter - she was also a very fun girl, besides topping each year, and finally the university exams, and also bagging the best job offer.
Really nice to be there, and felt weird that my classmates are now getting married.
Pune is a lovely city. We were out for an hour or so before the wedding, and I was trying to absorb as much of Pune as I could - so many cool young people on the streets, and such a lively city! And boy, its nice and chilly here, I'm cuddled up as I write this, and thoroughly glad to be away from the sticky Bombay I left behind (and am going back to tomorrow.)
Oh, and Julie, our adorable little doggy, is playful again (the last time I was here, she'd had this bout of imaginary pregnancy, and then she doesn't allow anyone near her, or to play with her.)
She's perfectly adorable again - wriggling around for attention. She's also jealous if anyone else gets affection. When I'm hugging or kissing my baby sister, Julie wants part of the hugging too, and paws around, jumping to get in and get her share. Crazy doggy.
Anyway, tomorrow is a long day - journey back to Bombay, and Split gig.
PS: Brad wasn't around today, he'd stayed back in Bombay for a teaching session at KC college, and some friends. Was strange not having him around, and not having to work. I know am going to miss it all.
No comments:
Post a Comment