Thursday, November 20, 2008

42

Death is one of the most difficult experiences to come to terms with. Loss is devastating, especially when someone who is a part of your life, just vanishes without a trace one day.

But death serves are a reminder. A reminder to how fragile life is and death makes you question life - 

Why am I alive? What is the point of going through this rigmarole only to lose it all one day?

Turns out...

...the answer is simple. And obvious. But is too big to fit into a clogged mind. A mind clogged with opinions, prejudices, likes and dislikes, obsessions, addictions and compulsions, and all the small mundane details that we pursue so desperately on a daily basis.

But maybe there comes a day when we're ready to throw all this away - these opinions and mindsets, and then suddenly there's more  -- more than just a mind, more than a body, more than a heart. And that is when we find an answer. 

I've seen death this year. For the first time. I didn't realize, but it did something inside that will never be the same. It doesn't allow me to stop asking the question. 

2 comments:

Manki said...

"the answer is simple. And obvious. But is too big to fit into a clogged mind."

really?? I thought the answer was very simple but unobvious. The answer is so simple that you miss it always; you overlook. At least that's what I have heard!

Afrin Sopariwala said...

Um, I think I mean to say that the answer is obvious and right under our noses, just that we don't see it...

I think that is also pretty much as the saying going too... don't they say: 'it was right under your nose'?