I don't read newspapers. Never managed to. But today, during a break, I sat me down and looked one up.
I was pleased to see that the first page had articles that caused - surprise, disgust, alarm, indifferent, amusement, thought-provocation.
1. Cyclone coming to Andra land. In the next 48 hours. Let's see how accurate our meteorological department's prophecies are.
2. A 21-year old and two of his friends lost amount x in the stock market. This 21-year old then hired 3 goons and kidnapped his distant cousin brother and demanded amount x as ransom. Kidnapped boy escaped at some point.
Ransom amount - Rs 80 lakh.
3. Pollution in Hyderabad causes paintings, marble sculptures, metal artifacts to get blackened, severely damaged and defaced. Pollution in the air. Which we breathe.
I wonder what the inside of my lungs look like.
The next few pages had too much death. So I bid adios to the newspaper and went back to Google Reader.
I guess I'll attempt this newspaper business again.
No comments:
Post a Comment