Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eat. Drink. And do yoga.

I want to eat dhansak.

If you don't know what dhansak is, then you probably don't know who a Parsi is. Which is usually true for one out of every five people I meet.

Go look Parsis up. I can't explain all over again. (Although I will say that Freddie Mercury was the one Parsi rock-star, ever.)

But yea, dhansak is a traditional parsi dish. Tasty as hell. Herbs and spices and chicken. And brown rice.

And tasty as hell. But I repeat myself.

And I also want to eat Bombay pav bhaji and bhel puri. And drink sugarcane juice.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aah..dhansak.. making my mouth water!

But my fav. bit of Parsi food is Patrani Macchi and especially the one at Jimmy Boy in Churchgate.

Afrin Sopariwala said...

The only time I've had Patra Ni Macchi is at weddings and navjotes. Ahh, I missed a whole seasonful, being in Hyderabad. I think I should go make Parsi friends at the colony at Secundrabad, just to get invited to Parsi weddings. :)

Ire said...

I have been to one Parsi Wedding and I am a pure vegetarian so, well I dont have the 'foggiest' clue of what you are talking about. However, the wedding was a lot of fun.

Anonymous said...

I am a Filipino..

I think this is yummy but since I was born I didn't encounter this kind of food..Can you post some picture of this?Please.. Thank you in advance..

Ramya said...

I had a Parsi friend who used to eat potato salli almost everyday :)

Thanks for dropping by!
And loved the photoblog, have checked it out before.