Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Isha at Google

Today was an important day. She and I had been planning/talking/wishing for this day for ages. We'd invited a teacher from Isha to come to Google and talk about the programs offered by Isha.

Our friends knew how much this meant. Sometimes we expressed it... and sometimes we didn't. Couldn't.

Days in advance we planned. We invited everyone. Spoke to dozens. Playfully demanded. Humbly requested. Intelligently drafted. About 60 people signed up.

Today was a blur of energy, hopes and high strung emotions. A few disappointments, but internal.

Everything went off well. About 23 people showed up. It's weird how much inertia gets into people with time.

I spoke for a couple of minutes. Managed to convey about 20% of what I could have. I was nervous. I shouldn't have been.

So, lessons learnt =

It's difficult, but important to not get attached to a desired consequence/result of the activity.
It's better to be involved 100% and be prepared for any consequence, even better, not concerned about the consequences.

Theek hai?

1 comment:

Becky said...

so let's hear about the outcome...